Friday, August 5, 2011

Cameron Recommends: Ticket to Ride

Third week in a row, I am doing pretty good.

So for this episode of Cameron Recommends I've decided to talk about Ticket to Ride: Europe.

Ticket to Ride is a game that was introduced to me by my good friend Joe Rodger, but shortly after playing if for the first time I realized that many of my good friends, mainly Celeste Hathaway (then Porter) and Michelle Hulse, enjoyed the game. I had great people to play with and many of them had different versions of the game. The version that I have enjoyed the most though is the Europe version.

So here is a brief explanation of the game. It requires 3-5 people to play. These people must compete to get the most points by the end of the game. You can earn points by building trains from one city to another and completing "tickets". Players also can earn points by having the longest train or by completing the most tickets. The board features Europe with many major cities on it all connected by different train routes. It can be easy to connect one city to another but if another player builds on a route then you'll have to go around or spend four points and a turn to use their route.

All-in-all this is a great game with plenty of strategy and luck. It is laid back enough that you can chat while playing and most people can understand the game within a few minutes. I would Highly recommend you play this game if you haven't already. I bought it and I haven't regretted it.

Enjoy it!

7 comments:

Andreyevich said...

Dominion is still the best!! =P

cankerz said...

I can't disagree with you there

Eric and Michelle said...

I thought for sure I had introduced you to this wonderful game! I still love the classic US board.

Nichol Family said...

I love that game!

cankerz said...

Michelle, It's possible you might have introduced us to it. I thought it was Joe but it has been so long that I really can't remember.

Chess said...

I have played it once.

Cole said...

Nice. Ticket to Ride is the game that got me and Mandi into playing more board games. It's still the one we usually break out when we have 'non gamer' friends over.