Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cameron recommends: Demolition Derby

As you may have noticed I seem to have done a few very hick things as of late.  Well this is my latest one: The Preston Demolition Derby.
Surprisingly, I had a lot of fun there.  The derby was fun and it was interesting to me to see how people had decided to fix up their cars.  Some of them looked so bad going into it and then ended up doing really well whereas some of the more pristine looking cars (if you could even call them that), were out of the running first.  The real fun was that all six of us (Dave, Susan, Erin, Chelsea and I) would pick a car before they started and root for that car to win.  I picked a winner 3 times out of 5, including a high school student girl that made her derby car as a senior project.  
All of us at the Derby
The other great part about the derby was the people watching.  Oh man, some of these people must only come out at night.  Girls that wore more make up than a geisha, guys that had more hair on their face then on the top of their head, and more hick stereotypes than I even thought existed.  One guy sitting in fron of us had a big belt buckle, goatee, sideburns as wide as they were long, a feathered cowboy hat, and a toothpick in his mouth the whole time.  Another man had big overalls, a blue wife-beater, mullet, and gigantic beard.  He looked like santa's hick half-cousin that nobody mentions. All in all it was a good time.  I'd recommend going to one.  Oh and below is a sweet video of the heat with the high school student girl.  

1 comment:

Shantel said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I've only been to one derby before and it was a pretty much identical experience to yours - lots of crazy people but an overall good experience!