Thursday, August 25, 2011

Completing sets

So I have a problem: I like having things in sets.  Yeah, I know, it's bad.  I waited to get the Spider-man movies until they came in a set along with sets for Rocky, Star Wars and the Bourne movies.  It's truly bad when I spend money on things I already own.  For example:
The Chronicles of Narnia Collection to check it and other collections out go here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/leatherbound-classics?store=book&keyword=leatherbound+classics 

Yeah, I already own a paperback scholastic set of the Chronicles of Narnia books.  All the books are separate and have redone art for the covers.  They are nice, but this collection is awesome.  It is hardbound, embossed leather with gilded pages and a ribbon bookmark.  Oh man, it's so pretty.  So I got it.

Another problem with liking sets is if I start with one form, I have to finish it.  For example, the Inheritance series.  I used to own all the books, but my little brothers lost the first one.  Since I already owned the other two in hardback, I had to go to lengths to find the first one in hardback. I just couldn't bring myself to get the paperback version.  

And the last problem with sets is that they get me with the little box they come in.  Just the other day, I saw a box set of the Hunger Games trilogy.  Now, I already own all three books in hardback, but this box set had a cool little box they all sat in.  I wanted it, just for a second, until I realized that all I'd be getting was some cardboard with a piece of paper glued to it. 

1 comment:

Steph Romney said...

Cameron! I'm glad to see you posting more. I actually applied for Student Coordinator within the A-Team. No problems with the labs:)