Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What is with all the space?

So I have been reading a lot of friend's blogs lately, mainly to catch up on what they have been up during the summer but also to get ideas.  Has anyone noticed how many spaces there are in most people's blogs?


Why is that?  Is it some secret weapon that I don't know about that makes blogs more appealing to read? That is really the only idea that I have.







Is white space attractive?  I know interior designers use it a lot.  I don't like overly crowded rooms.  Maybe it's like interior design for blogs.









I really don't know.









If you have any ideas on the cause and/or effect of this phenomenon let me know.










Thanks

3 comments:

Andreyevich said...

You've got to have a solid squadron of ASCII jets to fend off the vast evils everpresent in the Blogosphere-iverse. The war is in a heated phase now, so everyone has all of their planes deployed.
Empty Blog Spaces = Empty ASCII jet hangar. They'll fill back up when the war is over.

I have a large squadron, so my blog looks more like below:

Blah, blah, blah, stuff about life

awkward space --> perfect for Orange Leader

Best place to round out a beautiful squad.
http://www.chris.com/ascii/index.php?art=transportation/airplanes

space two: Ah, welcome home, Orange 2
(insert plane of choice, this blog dimension doesn't like them)
Those blogs without spaces must have underground bunkers.

Sara said...

I feel funny now, because I did that in a recent post. heh heh. I only used it for suspense. The Antici.....pation is killing me! I do notice it in other blogs. Or when people change the font and size of font, that's also pretty popular. It could also just be a formatting error. :P

Kabammi said...

I don't know what blogs you are reading but I don't think I have ever seen that!