Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day Fall '09

Well today is the first day of classes for the fall semester. things are starting out pretty normal so far for me. Right now i am at work and have a little bit of down time. So my classes this semester are all either Engineering classes or are chemistry classes. I am getting a minor in chemistry and all of the classes needed for my minor are offered this semester. It means that i have a huge classload this semester. I am taking 17 credits worth of classes plus 15 to 20 hours of work each week. I think that all of my classes in addition to being important are going to have a lot of difficult homework. Needless to say i am not looking forward to it.
Working here at the Library south desk is interesting. I get the same three or four questions all the time. "Where is such and such building?", "Where can i rent a locker?", "My computer won't connect to the internet. Can you help me?", and "I am looking for this book or textbook do you know where to find them?". I'd say that 90 percent of all of the problems that i deal with are one of these. It is kind of funny, you can totally tell which people are freshman or freshly returned missionaries, they are so lost. It is really sad sometimes, just how desperate they seem to be. I guess i was like that once. All wide eyed and unknowing. those days were interesting. I was here at Utah State and i didn't know hardly anyone. All of my best friends had gone to BYU or the U of U. I was the only one. Luckily i met some great people who became great friends up here.

2 comments:

Celeste Louise said...

i love your new layout! and I love your blog. Also I love the main pic.

lots of love!

Sam said...

Whatever, I was there. You guys weren't there for me.

Seu chato folgado bobo.