Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fire!!!!


Well, today something interesting happened to me. I caught on fire. Yep, that's right, I was totally engulfed in flame. Here is the story. Ben and I decided yesterday that we would have a little cook out and make some steaks. So we bought some meat and today started cooking. Unfortunately Ben did not put quite enough coals in to get it to really cook well and our steaks weren't cooking. Well, he added some more coals but that didn't work so we had to light them. He asked me for help. So ben pours a half a cup of gasoline on the coals, and I throw the match. Unfortunately I was squatting down next to the grill while doing this. Well the wind blew just right and a huge fireball erupted from the grill and completely engulfed me. Luckily it was only for a second and none of my clothes actually caught on fire. By the time I fell back out of the way the fire was gone. It did burn a whole in my favorite sweatpants though. Oh and my eyelashes are now half as long as they used to be and my hair is a little singed in the front. My face feels like I got a sunburn at the beach, nothing too bad but it is a little uncomfortable.
So that is my tale. Sorry it's been a little while since my last post. More to come, assuming I'm still alive in a week.

5 comments:

Shantel Elise said...

I'm glad you didn't die. That is quite a scary thing Cameron. Fire can be super dangerous! (I feel like I sound like my mom, yikes!)

I hope that you are doing well and that you are feeling better soon. The flu can be a nasty friend.

Celeste Louise said...

scary! but also quite an adventure. were you ever with us when we juggled fireballs in the garage?

Chess said...

Oh my word, that sounds serious, but I'm laughing! I'm glad you're okay!

Eric and Michelle said...

Wow, only the Ben and Cam team... I'm glad it wasn't worse. What else is new? I miss you guys!

Sara said...

I'm glad you didn't die as well, you should read the second half of my most recent post for a similar type of story! heh heh

saraatusu.blogspot.com